Skip to main content

Looking for my forever home!

My name is Copper and I am beautiful female almost solid liver color GSP. Don’t worry I have brains that go along with my beauty and I am beyond excited to start the search for my forever home.  I have only known my name for a week, but I already come when called.  I have had a few tests off leash and my Foster Mom (FM) says I should be great off leash.  I am not sure exactly what that means, but if it means I get to run around AND be with my people I am all for it.  No one taught me about potty training either, but boom💥, I have that down in T<7 days!👍

The Vet thinks I am about 1 year old and I still have a lot of puppy in me.  I already know sit and stay (check out my videos👇).  I have been to a big off leash park a couple of times now, and I do great with other dogs.  I run and sprint a little, but mostly I keep a close eye and very close to my FM.

I do have a few opportunities for growth, in that apparently looking for food on the counter is frowned upon.  The other dogs that live with me are not as tall, so they don’t have the same opportunity to scout for food.  My foster parents have learned their lesson, but I admit, I would probably try it again if given the chance.   I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY like don’t like being left alone.  You see, my last dad didn’t love me that much, and he took me to a shelter and said if they didn’t take me he would shoot me…he didn’t even bother to tell them my name. ;-( 😢  So now I want to be in my FM pocket (even if she goes to the toilet at 2am, I follow her!).  

Right now, I am sleeping just fine on a dog bed in my FP bedroom or living room.  They don’t let me on the bed or the couch, BUT I must tell you, if you would let me, I would be up there in 1 nano second flat ready to cuddle like most GSP’s.

My dream forever home would include a family with another active dog that I can play with and also hang out with when I have to be left alone.  Like most GSP’s I can run like the wind, so I hope you are really active.  I hope you have a job that you are home a lot or I could come with you.  Oh, I have also learned how to use a dog door in just one week, so if you have one of those, that would be fab! My foster home does not have cats or kids, so we would need to do a little testing if you have either of those.

I am a young hip dog, so naturally technology comes second nature to me, and I have decided to keep a photo blog to help put my best paw forward so I can find the most perfect forever home.  You can find that here.





If you are interested in adopting me, please visit http://www.milehighgsp.org/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treat Rock!

We have a walk that we do, and at the turn around spot there is the most magical place....it is called Treat Rock!  We all sit on the rock and get treats.  I love it!!  Hey everyone ...look at me Point!!! After our walks, I am starting to be so relaxed, I sleep like this. 😆

More photos!!

My Mum thinks I am pretty cute, so I ham it up for the camera all the time. ;-)  Here are a few of the most recent.